clandestino
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: LG 42LF580V
Italy

VOD

Post by clandestino »

Hi there,

Do you know how to move fast forward and backward when watching a video-on-demand channel part of a m3u list? I can do it on VLC on a PC, so it is generally possible, but the buttons on my remote do not activate such features. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

clandestino
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Re: VOD

Post by clandestino »

I solved the issue myself. Fyi, VOD needs to be loaded into My Videos section using subfolders, there is more info under "For Operators" and "Linking up Video Library". Btw, I didn't add the video type attribute, but it still works. I'll try later to see what changes.

Cheers!

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Post by Eugene »

video attribute is not necessary in cases when the app can understand that item is VOD by its extension: avi, mov, flv etc

clandestino
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by clandestino »

I am writing back regarding this issue. After some time that my VODs worked fine after having uploaded a playlist (type="playlist") containing a whole lot of links in My Videos section of the Playlist editor on the web, VODs have stopped working. In particular, when I go to My Videos on the app on the TV, there is an icon that does not work as a folder as before, but rather shows only the first link of all those that should be available on the playlist. Am I doing something wrong or has the configuration of VODs changed? There is no reference to any changes on the website.

Thank you very much for your help!

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Post by Eugene »

It was temporal bug with Playlist Editor. You need to download your playlist and remove all channelId="-1" then upload it again.

clandestino
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by clandestino »

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. But perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly. In My Videos on the Playlist Editor I used to have a file with only one link, type "playlist", that led to a file with many other links, all VODs. This playlist file already had "Extinf" set to 0 and there was no channelId set. Trying to see my VODs this way doesn't work anymore because when I go to My Videos on the app on the TV, there is an icon that does not work as a folder as before, but rather shows only the first link of all those that should be available on the playlist. What seems to work is to upload all single VOD links in My Videos, similar to what I do for the live channels. Doing this also allows the forward and backward buttons to work, but I thought that it shouldn't work this way.

I hope that I have been clearer now.

Cheers!