SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
cfuentes
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: Phillips
Argentina

Setting UDP to HTTP Proxy

Post by cfuentes »

Hi friends, I'm new in the forum. I am also new using the SS IPTV app and I have doubts in the settings, I have Smart TV Phillips with SS IPTV build version: 2020-02-17. My TV is connected to the router by LAN connection (wired), I would like to know if enabling the option of UDP to HTTP proxy in SS IPTV would make the reproduction of channels more stable. These are the data I need to configure Fordwarding (Virtual Server on the router):
External Port Start (I don't know what the port number is);
External Port End (I don't know what the port number is);
Server IP Address (here my IPv4);
Source IP Address (I don't know what this IP would be);
Protocol (my router gives me these options: TCP / UDP; TCP; UDP).

I appreciate any guidance.

RobeMart
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: LG
United States of America

Re: Setting UDP to HTTP Proxy

Post by RobeMart »

@Fabiana111 man, what are you talking about? First, you say that paid proxies do not guarantee anonymity and it's better to use free ones, and then you recommend buying proxies from this site.

mayorjurko
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: Samsung
United States of America

Re: Setting UDP to HTTP Proxy

Post by mayorjurko »

@Fabiana111 I think you're partly right as no proxy guarantees 100% anonymity. Still, I think that free proxies guarantee much less anonymity as they are in the public domain and can be easily identified. I use fast residential proxies at home, and I am fully satisfied because I do not need strong anonymity. If you need full anonymity for some activities, it is better to use paid proxies because they offer more security. I hope I have helped you. Good Luck.