SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
oto
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: Samsung
Latvia

Re: Samsung J Series

Post by oto »

As I said I use it as external playlist and it shows correctly in SS-IPTV app while playing that there are external subtitles but they are not visible. It could be related to latest pushed firmware update as I remember that HTML5 video subtitles worked before in browser in fullscreen for older firmwares.

oto
Ensign
Ensign
Latvia

Post by oto »

Following issues with subtitles. Tried on other Samsung TVs and it appears that the problem is with wrong z-index so subtitles are hidden behind video when fullscreen. It seems browser uses the same function as app for video.

DaMacFunkin
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: JS9000
Great Britain

Post by DaMacFunkin »

Hello i have a Samsung JS series TV, connected wirelessly to an Asus AC87U (Merlin) router, i am trying to stream Cable HD channels from an Enigma2 receiver, the files open fine on a PC running VLC, also on a Amazon Fire TV with an E2 channel app, but not on Tizen.
I have tried enabling UDP proxy in the router with port 4000, i have changed the settings in the SS IPTV app to reflect this.
The Channels try to open but eventually time out.
Should this work?

peto
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: Samsung UE55J6272
Slovakia

Post by peto »

hi, I have a problem with switching between channels. I use my custom made playlist. The source of the stream is UDPXY. The problem is that switching between channels takes 10-11sec. It is way too long. I believe that there is some problem witch samsung's implementation of buffers because I tried it on different J series TV and the result was the same. I also tried different source of the udpxy stream and it was the same. The internet connectivity is fine, no problem there. Switching on VLC is quick.
So my question is, am I the only one with this problem or is there any way how to fix this?

Thank you and marry christmas

oto
Ensign
Ensign
Latvia

Post by oto »

Updated TV firmware to latest 1480 and issue with subtitles remain. In browser HTML5 video+subtitles works in windowed mode. Is there a windowd mode for SS-IPTV so I could test if it is the same in app?

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Post by Eugene »

oto wrote:Updated TV firmware to latest 1480 and issue with subtitles remain. In browser HTML5 video+subtitles works in windowed mode. Is there a windowd mode for SS-IPTV so I could test if it is the same in app?

I see. I'll write it in the issues list.

Stealbase
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: UE32F5500
Andorra

Post by Stealbase »

DaMacFunkin wrote:Hello i have a Samsung JS series TV, connected wirelessly to an Asus AC87U (Merlin) router, i am trying to stream Cable HD channels from an Enigma2 receiver, the files open fine on a PC running VLC, also on a Amazon Fire TV with an E2 channel app, but not on Tizen.
I have tried enabling UDP proxy in the router with port 4000, i have changed the settings in the SS IPTV app to reflect this.
The Channels try to open but eventually time out.
Should this work?

I have a problem very similar to yours. Have you been able to fix the problem?

esco
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: Un32j5205af
United States of America

Post by esco »

Hi SS IPTV Team,

I just want to start off by saying thanks for this great app, unfortunately giving positive vibes is no the only reason I'm writing. I currently have a Samsung TV Model Un32j5205af. I'm able to view IPTV channels just fine but not able to view VOD, I am loading the channels by external playlist. Every time I select a movie I get the message "not found". I am able to view everything just fine on VLC. Any guidance would be a great help. Thanks again!

admin
Administrator
Administrator
TV Model: Samsung, Sony, Hisense, LG
Great Britain

Post by admin »

Hi,

Could you please provide your link? (mailto: support@ss-iptv.com with mark VOD playback issue)
We will check playback possibility.
Best Wishes,
Administrator of SS IPTV Forum

esco
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: Un32j5205af
United States of America

Post by esco »

Emailed. Thanks