Problem with channel presentation in last days

SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
Pacolo
Ensign
Ensign
Spain

Problem with channel presentation in last days

Post by Pacolo »

In the last days, somewhat changed and channels with the format [0-9]+[ ]*[tT][vV] (for example: 8tv, 25 TV) are not listed fine in the playlist.

The channel remains in the playlist, but it change the name of the channel to something like "tvplus+" (sorry, I can't check at this moment again), and change the playlist icon to a orange square with the text "tvplus+", but if I try to play, it plays the correct URL.

I edited my playlist to add a dot before the name, and it showed well the channel again (off course, with a dot at the begining: .8tv .25 TV), including the channel icon.

Finally, one curious thing is that I modified all my channels to have a dot at the begining, but when I see the playlist in SS-IPTV not all channels shows this dots (an invented example can be that the list says ".SS-IPTV" and in program it shows "SS-IPTV", without the first dot).

PD: I have this list as "External playlist", hosted in dropbox and linked with a **** link (never give me problems, only that new behaviour)

Pacolo
Ensign
Ensign
Spain

Re: Problem with channel presentation in last days

Post by Pacolo »

Still happens and I had no answer :/

Every channel with format "number tv" like "8tv" or "25 TV" is listed as "TV+" and a logo that is a orange line with "TV+" text inside.

And another thing, is that the program shows a list with all DVB-T and DVB-S channels, but when I open one it is remains in black and, finally, says that it can't be reproduced. I have a WebOS 2.0 TV (LG LF652V). This is not a big problem because I use the normal TV "app" to play "normal" TV.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Post by Eugene »

Pacolo wrote:Still happens and I had no answer :/
Every channel with format "number tv" like "8tv" or "25 TV" is listed as "TV+" and a logo that is a orange line with "TV+" text inside.

I don't see any probleme here. The channels with names "25 TV" and "8TV" arent' registered in system, so the nearest channel name in recognition process is "TV+"

Pacolo
Ensign
Ensign
Spain

Post by Pacolo »

I don't understand why the system doesn't recognizes "25 TV" and transform it to "TV+" and changes his icon but ".25 TV" maintains the name and the icon (that I have in the m3u file). The same happens in all the "number tv", i transformed it to ".number tv" and it works (but showing an initial dot)

But if you say that this is normal, ok, I will rename all "number TV" to ".number TV", like "8 TV" to ".8 TV" so the system can match with well known channel (with the initial dot)

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

Pacolo wrote:I don't understand why the system doesn't recognizes "25 TV" and transform it to "TV+" and changes his icon but ".25 TV" maintains the name and the icon (that I have in the m3u file). The same happens in all the "number tv", i transformed it to ".number tv" and it works (but showing an initial dot)

But if you say that this is normal, ok, I will rename all "number TV" to ".number TV", like "8 TV" to ".8 TV" so the system can match with well known channel (with the initial dot)

You want me to explain how recognition algorythm works?
Recognition process has many steps. There are many cases when channel's names in playlist contain indexes:

Code: Select all

EXTINF: -1, 1 Animal Planet
http://.....
EXTINF: -1, 2 Discovery Channel
EXTINF: -1, 3 TLC

So one of the step of recognition process (if the channel in exact way of writting isn't found in system) is to remove first number, another step is to remove all the special characters (including plus symbol), so 8 TV and TV+ looks the same way after these two steps. Therefore the system recognize your channel with a number on the first position as TV+. The only way to make system not to do that is to register your channels in it.

Pacolo
Ensign
Ensign
Spain

Post by Pacolo »

Ok, is a good implementation :good:

So to fix this miss-correlated channel I will continue adding a dot infront the number. I hope that the system doesn't change removing initial dots, so i can continue seeing the channel name an icon that my m3u have ;)

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

You can set on "Always use external logo" and "Use custom channels' titles" options in app's settings (appearance section) and see channel name and icon from m3u-file no matter with or without dots.