SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: 43LH590V-ZD
Italy

Missing channels in broadcast

Post by sarah95 »

Hi everyone, my name is Sarah and I just signed up.

I recently installed the app, it's amazing and working fine on my LG TV (webos 3.0), but I have one small issue with the channel list inside the broadcast section. The thing is that, for some reason, three channels don't show up in that section even though they are clearly in the TV's channel list. As a matter of fact they are the first three channels in the latter. I live in Italy, and the channels in question are Rai 1 HD, Rai 2 HD and Rai 3 HD. They are on 2 different transponders, and other channels which are on those same transponders do appear in the broadcast section. I tried hitting 'rescan' and even editing the source of another channel to point to one of those three channels, but no dice. For example, Rai 1 HD is on channel 26 and it's on number 1 in the TV's list, so I edited the source to "dtv://antenna:26/dvb/1", but that didn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Re: Missing channels in broadcast

Post by sarah95 »

I've been doing a little digging myself by exporting the TV's channel list, and I found out that these three channels are flagged as SD channels despite being HD. They all have serviceType 1 instead of 25. All other HD channels in the list are correctly flagged, and they do appear in broadcast. It's the only weird thing that struck me while going through the exported file. Could this somehow be the reason behind this issue?

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Post by Eugene »

Hi, Sarah
What is serviceType?
Could you, please, tell your device id from app's settings

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by sarah95 »

Hi Eugene, thanks for your reply and for taking an interest in my problem.

Here's what's in the settings:

Device ID: 1438428
Build: 2016-09-30 01:18:56

As for serviceType, that's the tag in channel lists which indicates whether channels are HD or SD. Of course, I don't know that it could be the cause of this issue, I was just speculating because that was the one anomaly I noticed.

Since these three missing channels also have SD versions that are all on transponder 11, which means they show up at the very top of the broadcast list, I thought that maybe the HD channels (which are flagged as SD though) are then skipped because the app sort of figures they are the same ones.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

We've found out there is an issue with defining broadcast channels on LG webOS, we'll try to solve it in future.

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by sarah95 »

Cool, thanks.

Still, how come if I manually edit the source to correctly point to one of those three channels, the app is still unable to pick them up?

Anyway, I'll look forward to an update then.

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by sarah95 »

As a matter of fact, I've noticed there's a whole bunch of channels that are missing. Some satellites are almost skipped entirely.

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by sarah95 »

I just got prompted to update the app, and I did. But I guess this issue has not been fixed yet, because a boatload of channels were still missing even after re-scanning. What's the update about, then? Is there a changelog?

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

It wasn't real update. We've just published our app for new devices and this must go through update process.

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by sarah95 »

Ok, thanks for clearing it up. Any news on this webOS issue?