Possibilities of new functionalities

SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
Carontes
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Possibilities of new functionalities

Post by Carontes »

Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to add and integrate something similar to f4mtester as in Kodi, so .ts channels from the lists don't stop and restart every X seconds. Is it also possible to add a list in .xml format? Thank you.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Re: Possibilities of new functionalities

Post by Eugene »

Such a format of playlist as .xml do not exist, xml is a markup language, it doesn't descirbe exact structure. The app supports .xspf format which is written in xml.
Carontes wrote:so .ts channels from the lists don't stop and restart every X seconds.

In order to do that we need stable .ts stream, this kind of streams aren't popular in our region and all the links we tried from the internet were dead.

Carontes
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by Carontes »

The purpose of f4mtester is just to make stable the unstable lists. It's like a proxy. If I have an unstable list in .m3u(8) with all the channel in .ts, and I open it on my computer with vlc all the programs skip after few seconds, but if I use it in Kodi with f4mtester it's stable.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Post by Eugene »

It doesn't make unstable streams stable. In most cases .ts links aren't unstable streams, they aren't streams at all.
.ts is a part of hls stream so its duration is just several seconds and if it is correctly wrapped in hls file it will be played well.