SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: 43LH590V-ZD
Italy

How to fix wrong EPG on some channels?

Post by sarah95 »

Hi everyone, what's the proper way to get the app to grab the epg info for a specific channel? What I mean is that I get the wrong info on several channels, for example because there are several versions of that channel in different countries. I live in Italy and have correctly set the country code to IT, but some channels will fetch the epg of a corresponding foreign version. For instance, DMAX gets the epg of its German counterpart. On the other hand, I would like to have the epg for Eurosport Germany on Astra, but the app grabs the epg of the Italian version of Eurosport.

I followed the playlist instructions on your howto pages and tried a few things so far, but no dice. For instance, I was trying to get the correct EPG for DMAX (Italy) so I added the parameter tvg-name with the required EPG code I found in the table, but that didn't work.

I had this in my playlist

Code: Select all

#EXTINF:0 type="stream" , DMAX
#EXTSIZE: Medium
dtv://antenna:47/dvb/52

so I edited it like this

#EXTINF:0 type="stream" tvg-name="DMAX.it" , DMAX
#EXTSIZE: Medium
dtv://antenna:47/dvb/52

but I was still getting the EPG for the German version.

So, I've downloaded my own playlist through the editor and noticed there's also a channelId parameter in play which in fact seems to play a major role in getting the epg info because just for fun I added the channelid of a random channel to DMAX and got the epg of that one on DMAX. So, is there a list somewhere with these channelId codes or how do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Re: How to fix wrong EPG on some channels?

Post by Eugene »

sarah95 wrote:I followed the playlist instructions on your howto pages and tried a few things so far, but no dice. For instance, I was trying to get the correct EPG for DMAX (Italy) so I added the parameter tvg-name with the required EPG code I found in the table, but that didn't work.

What the table do you mean? We have no such EPG codes.

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by sarah95 »

Oh, my bad! Got a similar site with one less S in the address which also deals with IPTV and had this code table. I didn't even realize it was a different website. Sorry.

So, I guess the channels that come up in the playlist editor when I edit the standardized name... those are the ones whose EPG is available, am I right? Nevermind it then, I got it.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

You need to use country attribute in this case. If the channel doesn't have country attribute the app uses it from app's settings by default (IT in your case). But you may define country for any global channel in your playlist. Here is the example how to display Eurosport with German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese and Turkish EPG at the same time:

#EXTM3U size="medium"
#EXTINF:-1 country="de", Eurosport 1
http://example.com/stream1
#EXTINF:-1 country="it", Eurosport 1
http://example.com/stream2
#EXTINF:-1 country="ru", Eurosport 1
http://example.com/stream3
#EXTINF:-1 country="pt", Eurosport 1
http://example.com/stream4
#EXTINF:-1 country="tr", Eurosport 1
http://example.com/stream5

Снимок.PNG

Anyway, it's Snooker everywhere :D

P.S. Note that the app may not have EPG for some channels in some countries.

sarah95
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by sarah95 »

Ok, got it and fixed it now. Thanks for clearing it up. Still snooker... :lol:

FrancYescO
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: H
Italy

Post by FrancYescO »

is there a way to avoid linking other countries EPG if country attribute is empty?

in other words link EPG only if match the default app county setting

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

It works exactly this way. You will never see Russian EPG for Discovery Channel, no matter if there is Italian EPG for it or not.

FrancYescO
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by FrancYescO »

Eugene wrote:It works exactly this way. You will never see Russian EPG for Discovery Channel, no matter if there is Italian EPG for it or not.

seems not, cannot remember exactly the channel (probably "comedy central" or something like this) but my (external) playlist have no county attribute, App have Italian in country, but the channel got a russian EPG

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

It may be our fault that we didn't defined correct region for that channel. If you remember it's name, we'll be able to fix that.

FrancYescO
Ensign
Ensign
Italy

Post by FrancYescO »

Eugene wrote:It may be our fault that we didn't defined correct region for that channel. If you remember it's name, we'll be able to fix that.

Remembered it, the channel was "K2" (the app also set the wrong logo)

Same issue on "Axn Sci-Fi", that more than russian EPG got also name changed in "Sony Sci-Fi"?!

"Fine Living" got no EPG but display name changed in "FLN"