evenflow
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: SONY KDL-70R555A
Brazil

HELP with Sony TV: Opera store bricked after loading app.ss-iptv.com

Post by evenflow »

Hello,

I have a Sony LCD TV KDL-70R555A, and as I didn't find the SS-IPTV on apps list, I tried to open this app using the "LOADER URL" app. I entered the URL of SS-IPTV as (http://app.ss-iptv.com) and it looked it was fine. The app started to load, asked if I agree with the terms and then it appeared on bottom right of the screen "loading the app…" with a little balls animation and within couple of seconds it just froze, the animation too. I pressed "return" and got back to Opera Store, then I pressed "return" again and was out of smart TV function. I thought it was alright and then I tried to open up the smart TV function again and it was now gone. :cry:

I worried that it would have bricked my whole TV, but luckily the TV and its general settings panel is still accessible but the "SEN - Sony Entertainment Network" where the smart tv apps was kept, including NETFLIX and the Opera Store is now gone. It just stays there in black screen when I tried to access it, when it happens, I can only go back to air TV by powering off and powering on as all other RC commands don't respond.

Please, advise me on how to get revert what SS-IPTV app installed did and get back the access to the smart TV apps. Also, please, let me know what was wrong? Wasn't the SS-IPTV supposed to be an Opera App? :|

Thanks

** Portuguese version of this text: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2528

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Re: HELP with Sony TV: Opera store bricked after loading app.ss-iptv.com

Post by Eugene »

SS IPTV installed nothing into your TV, so there is nothing to reset. We do not know the reason of your issue, but I'm absolutely sure that some kind of tv's reset will help you. None of the apps is able to break your TV or its separate functions

admin
Administrator
Administrator
TV Model: Samsung, Sony, Hisense, LG
Great Britain

Post by admin »

Hi evenflow,

I faced with this issue. You have to check your internet connection.

SS IPTV is already officially published in Opera TV Store and SEN, you just need to do: "Settings" -> "Network Setup" -> "Refresh Internet Content".
After that, you can see it in the apps' list.
Best Wishes,
Administrator of SS IPTV Forum

evenflow
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: SONY KDL-70R555A
Brazil

Post by evenflow »

Thanks guys, apparently just with some TV shutdowns and powering back on it got back working… the Opera store is back accessible, but unfortunately I couldn't find the SS IPTV even after the "Settings" -> "Network Setup" -> "Refresh Internet Content".

I don't know if Sony has blocked any updates for this particular model.. TV manufacturers are getting worse each day.. =/