ss-iptv.com domain and ip blocked by my ISP!

SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
tx2500z
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: LG UH6030
Mexico

ss-iptv.com domain and ip blocked by my ISP!

Post by tx2500z »

Hi everybody, I hope you can help me.

Today I found out that my ISP blocked the actual domain and IP for `ss-iptv.com'. I can't connect or ping the site through my ISP. I was able to confirm this because I can connect to the site with my cellphone with no issues.

This is causing the SS IPTV app on my LG tv to NOT start up, it doesn't get pass the startup logo.

I was also able to confirm this by connecting my TV to the hotspot on my phone, which in that case it was able to start up correctly.

So my problem is that the TV app is trying to connect to ss-iptv.com at launch time and it's not getting any response.

Is there any workaround to this?

Perhaps I can setup a DNS server to route the request to my local network and have the TV think it's getting connected to the actual domain. But I would need to know what type of request/response is needed in order for me to emulate it through an http server.

I can also setup a network sniffer in order to capture the request/response, but I thought I might try to ask here first.

I did a test where I connected my tv to my phone and started up the app, then I switched the tv to my home wifi and I was able to load the content from my playlists with no problem, so there are no issues with the playlists.

Setting up a VPN on my router is not a good solution for me because I use another VPN for work, and also changing the DNS IPs on the router to different providers (google, opendns, cloudfare, etc) didn't work.

Appreciate the support.

Thanks.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Re: ss-iptv.com domain and ip blocked by my ISP!

Post by Eugene »

Probably it might be temporal internet issues not related to blocking.

tx2500z
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: LG UH6030
Mexico

Re: ss-iptv.com domain and ip blocked by my ISP!

Post by tx2500z »

Eugene wrote:Probably it might be temporal internet issues not related to blocking.

Thanks Eugene, the website was accessible again this morning. However it was very strange since another IPTV website was also inaccesible from my ISP last night (siptv.app). Everything else was working fine.

The ISP is called Axtel, which was bought by the biggest TV company in the country, Televisa. I honestly thought they blocked this website.

Appreciate the support.

Thank you.