Can I stream/broadcast IPTV playlist from local server to TV via coaxial cable?

SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
chetan100
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: I3 2017
India

Can I stream/broadcast IPTV playlist from local server to TV via coaxial cable?

Post by chetan100 »

I've recently got into IPTV and got myself a nice IPTV service that provides me a .m3u8 or .m3u playlist with all the channels. As recommended I then use an app called SS IPTV on my LG WebOS smart tv.

The app works just fine and it's very robust, but I prefer to have my channels operate as the regular antenna channels because I find it more comfortable if I have them integrated within the default TV UI rather then in a separate, 3rd party app.

Now I have a small Ubuntu server under my TV that I use for Emby and I'm looking for a way to perhaps add some PVR card/box that is capable of output and connect it to my TV with a coax cable directly into the antenna jack with the goal being that the channels will appear as standard antenna channels (look at it as closed circuit cable TV).

So far I wasn't able to find anything like this but I believe I just use the wrong terminology when searching. Is this is possible and easily achievable with off the shelve card/box/stb etc. and with some standard software that is available for Ubuntu Linux or even better is there some sort of Set Top Box that I can hook the IPTV playlist to and then has a coax output that I can hook to my TV?