SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
pintassilgo
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: UN58MU6120
Brazil

App differences between platforms

Post by pintassilgo »

I've been using SS IPTV for months on a Samsung Tizen TV. Currently, the only remaining bug is that once I switch to another app, after switching back to SS IPTV it's impossible to hide that UI with stop button, channel name, current show name... This UI darkens the screen at the edges, overlaying portions of the video. There's no way to fix that except by restarting the TV by holding power button for some seconds.

Today I just got a STB (Android TV) to use on another TV. For my surprise, Android TV's SS IPTV can't play any HLS, only continuous single-file .TS streaming works. It's not an issue of anything else but Android TV's SS IPTV, because the same HLS URLs plays fine in Kodi under the same STB. I can't say yet if Android TV's SS IPTV also has the same unhidable controls UI issue as of Tizen's.

ancho85
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: Samsung Tizen TV UN50NU7095
Paraguay

Re: App differences between platforms

Post by ancho85 »

pintassilgo wrote: 23 Oct 2021, 01:48 after switching back to SS IPTV it's impossible to hide that UI with stop button, channel name, current show name... This UI darkens the screen at the edges, overlaying portions of the video. There's no way to fix that except by restarting the TV by holding power button for some seconds.
This same issue happens to me when watching a VOD and pause the video at any point. After resuming the UI with stop button just won't go away ever.