vmonkey
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: UE50TU7172
Czech Republic

Local stream not working reliably

Post by vmonkey »

Dear developers,

first, thanks for an excellent app. It is one of the few options to view my IP cameras on my TV screen. I have a question though:

- I have UE50TU7172 Samsung "Smart" TV and two Reolink RLC-410 cameras. All in the same local network with a wired connection.
- For the Reolink cameras, there are at least three equivalent streams I am aware of. The "rtsp" and "rtmp" protocols seem not to work on my TV, but the stream URLs of the form "http://192.168.X.Y/flv?port=1935&app=bc ... d=PASSWORD" do load.
- The problem is that the streams load only occasionally, but are stable when loaded. Note that these streams have a 5MP resolution. It seems to me that the SS IPTV app tries to load the stream and buffer (a specific time sequence) before playing, and there is a time limit for the buffering part. Unfortunately, in most cases, this time limit elapses just before the stream loads completely. Is this reasoning correct? If yes, is there anything I can do with it to make the stream loading robust? (indeed, the stream is available all the time, it is even recorded by another device. The successful and unsuccessful trials are arbitrary.). Is there some sort of log information available somewhere?

Thank you for any hint or advice.