SS IPTV App for LG Smart TV discussion
LyleHill
Ensign
Ensign
TV Model: LG 55UB9500-UA
United States of America

Broadcast Channel Local List & Sub-Channel Editing

Post by LyleHill »

When setting up SS-IPTV on my LG Smart TV 55UB9500-UA I noticed that the application notices that there are multiple sub-channels for each broadcast channel, the primary, such as 6, but when the list is inspected it doesn't give 6.1, it only lists a single digit 6, and the app then proceeds to list as many additional channels as there are sub-channels, giving them their correct names, BUT only gives them the single digit from them primary channel such as 6, not 6.2, 6.3, 6,4, etc.. When the list is loaded, the same channel, the primary is streamed for all 4 channels ,the primary and the 3 subs, in this example,

Can this be fixed?

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
TV Model: LG 47LM960V, LG LB679V
Russia

Re: Broadcast Channel Local List & Sub-Channel Editing

Post by Eugene »

I haven't understood anything. What means "sub-channel"?

LyleHill
Ensign
Ensign
United States of America

Post by LyleHill »

Over the air digital broadcast channels now can have multiple channels also called sub-channels. For example: Here in Sacramento, what was analog TV broadcast channel 6 KVIE now has changed to carry 4 different digital TV broadcast "sub"-channels 6.1 KVIE(the original analog )(now HD digital) content), 6.2 KVIE2, 6.3 KVIE World, and 6.4KVIE VEME. All of these on the same carrier frequency. Your software application sees that there are 4 "sub"-channels for the carrier channel 6 and gives them their correct different names/labels, but only gives the channel 6 content for all of them, not the different "sub"-carrier content belonging to the separate "sub"-channels". Is that clear?

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

write your deviceId, please

LyleHill
Ensign
Ensign
United States of America

Post by LyleHill »

LyleHill
Ensign
Ensign
United States of America

Post by LyleHill »

Has there been any update on my question regarding "sub-channels"? It has been quite a while.

Eugene
Project Leader
Project Leader
Russia

Post by Eugene »

No, we have many other tasks just now

LyleHill
Ensign
Ensign
United States of America

Post by LyleHill »

Can this sub-channel issue be given a higher priority? Every venue is getting an increasing number of sub-channels for every primary channel, some even up to 16 sub-channels. The San Francisco Bay Area in California is crazy with sub-channels. I live in Sacramento and it's not so bad but the larger markets are worse. Your software knows that the channels are there, gives the channel name but isn't tuning in to and delivering the actual content. Please up the priority. This feature for over the air is what makes your software different from almost all the other IPTV software out there - no other support OTA along with IPTV! That's why I like your software and bought it!